Here goes the Hth part of the series. Please voice your comments at the bottom or email me using the link provided.
- Have a nice day: A general way to wish someone good.
- Have an axe to grind: Have an underlying thought.
- He who can, does; he who can’t teaches: A general saying, abusing those who speak too much without doing anything.
- Heavy metal: Hard rock music, with electric equipments.
- Het up: Agitated
- High five: The celebrating slapping of hands two people do with hands held above the head.
- High on the hog: Affluent and well-fed.
- High time: The right time for doing something.
- Hit the ground running: Get off to a fast start.
- Hit the hay: Get to bed.
- Hobson’s choice: A situation without any choice.
- Hocus pocus: Magic tricks.
- Hoi polloi: The commons.
- Hoist by your own petard: Trapped in your own snare.
- Hold a candle: To aid or assist.
- Hold a torch: To aid or assist, similar to the above.
- Hold your horses: Be patient.
- Hooray Henry: A loud extravagant upper class fellow.
- Hot off the press: Freshly printed
- Hung, drawn, and tortured: A gruel torture finally succumbing to death.
For more, please visit the site often and bookmark the site with the tools provided. Many thanks. Voice your doubts and queries.
Copyright © Lenin Nair 2008